It's been 3 weeks since I've had any caffeine.
3 weeks since I've had any dairy products.
3 weeks since I've had more than 15 grams of sugar in a day.
3 weeks since I've had any red meat.
And I feel phenomenal!! I can't even really pinpoint the motivation for the changes I've made. I just wanted to eat differently and feel differently. Sure I'll lose weight because of it, but that was not the factor behind my decision (ask any of my close friends and they will tell you- confidence is not something I lack. I'm comfortable with not being a skinny girl lol!). I just want to feel energized and good... and so far I do!
So far the lack of dairy has been the most difficult- but I'm supplementing with tons of soy options and taking my calcium supplement. The lack of sugar has taken some getting used to. Most sugar-free products use sugar alcohol to make up for the lack of actual sugar, and sugar alcohol makes me feel like crap! So I've been having tons of fruit to make my sweet tooth happy. (frozen grapes are heavenly) Our grocery bill has went up slightly but shopping is a breeze- I really am staying on the perimeter of the store. We're buying tons of produce, lean meats, dairy for Mike and soy options for me. The only time I go to the interior aisles is for couscous, rice etc
So yeah, that's what I've been up to. I'll keep you guys posted and I'll share some of the recipes I've been making.
5 comments:
I'm so proud of you! Did you have mood swings at all at first? I turn into a royal bitch if I ever do this sort of cleansing in my diet, even partial cleanse!
Definitely look forward to the recipes!
Ooh, do share more about results and recipes. I've been told I should try going off dairy and sugar due to some of my health issues, but I just don't have the will power. My dad has recently gone completely vegan, with really terrific results and I should probably do that too (if I want to AVOID the diabetes which runs rampant in my family)... but... damn it, I just love my food too much. And I'd rather enjoy my food than be skinny. It's all about priorities. ;)
Isn't it Amazing how the foods we eat really effect the way we feel? I've never felt as good as I did when I went mostly raw...I'm definatly trying to head back there. If you like granola...there is this DELICIOUS all natural granola (it's ridiculously expensive, but it's my one splurge)at wal-mart that is sweetened with pinapple juice. Good luck sweetie!!! I'm anxious to see your recipes!!!
awesome job, a! i am trying to be healthier too... especially with post-preggy body that makes weird and out of sorts. change is hard though. sugar is my downfall. i've been off caffiene since last june, and am not going back. i'm going to stock up on some fruit, like you said, to help my sugar cravings. good call.
I'm looking forward to your recipes. So proud of you!
Post a Comment