Day 2 of our vacation was spent in Branson, Missouri. What a weird place! I don't know if it was the time of year or what, but Mike described it best when he said it was like a dying town. Tons of boarded up motels and theaters, lots of cheesy tourist trap shops etc. Mike was dying to eat at a Shoney's (since we don't have any near us) so off to Shoney's we went:

Mike rubbing his belly after the breakfast buffet! Eating here was a bit of a challenge for me since the Shoney's breakfast bar doesn't have the healthiest choices, but I managed!
Oh and did I mention that it was about 30 degrees that day? Miserable! After the restaurant we headed over to the Titanic museum, which was actually pretty interesting. It is one of the few attractions in Branson that doesn't involve Gospel music, hillbillies or the word jamboree, so we enjoyed it. :-)
We did some sightseeing, some outlet shopping and ended our day at a really pretty overlook:



Before heading back to Eureka for the night we ate at Dick Clark's American Bandstand restaurant- cute place and pretty decent food! I really doubt we'll be making a trip back to Branson anytime soon but I'm glad we went.
3 comments:
I agree. We went to Branson a few months ago and werent really impressed with it. Super cheezy! Im glad I went tho.
LOL, one place to check off your "places to go" list. ;) i had no idea that Shoney's was still around! we used to eat there every wednesday night for a while when i was a kid... free kid's buffet... but it went our of business YEARS ago and i assumed the whole chain went out of business. huh. surprise, surprise. ;)
we used to eat at shoney's when i was a kid too. it makes me want to go to branson just to eat there!
Post a Comment