Sunday, April 12, 2009

Eureka Springs Vol. 3

Whew, are you guys tired of these trip blogs yet? I'm almost finished, promise!

After our fun day in the caves we headed back towards Eureka Springs. Mike wanted to make a stop at a video game store that was on the way so I headed into Cato (it's a small clothing store). The last time I was in a Cato was probably 10 years ago, most of the time it's just nms. But, man I lucked out at this place! I scored an adorable black & white houndstooth coat- with a super cute pink satin lining. The best part? Original price $90... my price $ 20! The coat will make an appearance in my next blog post. :-)

After some shopping we headed to a spot in Eureka Springs that I remember going to as a young child: The giant Jesus statue at the Passion Play site. The statue is 7 stories tall but it seemed much larger when I visited it as a little kid! Some pictures:

Mike being a dork.

can you tell we were freezing?!

no offense but the eyes were super creepy:

the site of The Passion Play also has an exhibit set up with a 10x10 section of the Berlin wall.


there were tons of deer roaming around the grounds:

I managed to get a little bit of the site of the play:

I've never seen the play but I've heard it's kind of terrible. lol I read some reviews of it on tripadvisor.com when we were making our trip intinerary and they weren't good. After our sightseeing we headed into town for dinner. We ate at a great little restaurant, and headed back to our hotel to get in out of the cold. Only one day left!

2 comments:

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

Oh my goodness -- I cannot WAIT to see that coat! It sounds amazing.

And the giant Jesus is awesome.

Actually, the Berlin wall piece is awesome! (no sarcasm in the first and last statements)

Lauryl Lane said...

I love the pix of Mike with the giant freak-eyed Jesus! ;) And you heard right, the Passion Play is effing terrible. I'm not saying that as a former Theatre Major... I saw the play when I was like 10 years old and I knew it was bad way back then. I'm pretty sure that "says something." ;) Can't wait to see pix of your new jacket!