So I haven't really said anything on here, but my healthy eating for the past few months has kind of morphed into a vegan diet. I'm not entirely vegan because I refuse to give up fish (I've got to have my sushi!!) or honey. And I still wear leather, wool, silk etc. But my diet is dairy free and mostly meat free. Because of this change I've been exploring some different recipes. Here is one that Mike and I both LOVED. It's easily adapted to be just a vegetarian meal (by adding real cheese instead of the vegan cheese). But seriously, try it- this is so yummy!!
Veggie Enchiladas
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of refined coconut oil ( you could use olive oil)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow or green bell pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cups enchilada sauce
1 cup fresh corn, cooked or one cup frozen corn, thawed
1 can sliced olives, drained
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
12 corn tortillas
4 oz. vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally until all vegetables are tender- about 10 minutes. Transfer the veggies to a large bowl and add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, the corn, olives, salt, cumin and coriander. Warm the remaining enchilada sauce in a small saucepan. Then transfer the sauce to a small round 8 or 9 inch cake pan. Working one tortilla at a time, use tongs to dip the tortilla into the enchilada sauce, dipping to soften the tortilla and coat both sides. Transfer the tortilla to a plate and spoon about a 1/4 cup of the veggie mix down the middle of the tortilla. Roll tightly and place seam side down in the 9x13-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and make 2 rows of 6 enchiladas. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas, covering them evenly. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
YUM!!! I can't wait to make these again.
2 comments:
Those sound delicious Ang! I bet they would be good with black beans too! :piggy :)
sounds yummy but I want pictures.
Post a Comment