Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thursday & Friday Recap

just some pictures from the past few days. Thursday morning my mom, dad and little brother came to pick me up. We headed up to St. Louis so Connor could leave for Japan. Yes, it's ridiculous that they had him fly out of St. Louis, but it did give us the chance to have a family road trip- the kind we use to have when we were kids.

the view from the backseat- mom:


dad:

most of our time in the backseat was spent playing on my iPhone:


Connor showing off his Marine "Devil Dog" tattoo:


and my favorite tattoo that he has- a copy of our late grandfather's signature. I love it:



Finally at the Hilton, Connor perusing the room service menu:



a series of self portraits- the only one that Connor actually smiled in normally and I didn't get the memo that we weren't doing funny faces!

goofballs:



Connor will be in Japan for 2 years- he only had 3 bags to pack everything in! I "edited" his stuff a bit and this was Con showing me what he thought:

and this is Connor being a smartass when I told him to hurry up with the packing!

Some family pics at 3:30 AM waiting for the airport shuttle:



no pictures from the airport, too sad. :( Connor is gone and should be in Okinawa by now. I already miss him terribly.

4 comments:

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

Aw -- these are sweet pictures. Definitely a trip to remember forever. I am glad you were able to do that. I'll be thinking about both of you, he has the 'whorebear stare' power behind him!

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

oh and by the way -- I think now is the perfect time for you to get the signature tattoo...

Jax said...

Aw! I love all the photos! Sad he's leaving, but glad you guys had all that time together beforehand. Will be saying a prayer for him for sure.

Lauryl Lane said...

sweet pictures, and how special that you all got to be together for the send-off. (and the signature tattoo is awesomesauce!)