We had quite a whirlwind of activity the past few days- we left for Denver on Wednesday night and by Friday we were in Tulsa. The Denver trip was last minute and unexpected. Mike's grandmother passed away. :( She was an amazing lady and we loved her dearly. I have a separate post planned that will be dedicated to her. Our Tulsa trip has been in the works for a while- Trek Expo!! Yes, we go to a Star Trek convention. I have to admit the first year he had to drag me kicking and screaming, now I keep track of the date and the guests they add all year long- I'm hooked!! My husband has definitely allowed me to embrace my inner geek and I love it.
One of the best parts of the con are all the costumes! Here are some from this weekend:
Princess Leia in the slave costume and a jedi:

President Laura Rosslin & Kara Thrace aka Starbuck from BSG

a jedi, Darth Vader, and a stormtrooper

"Q" from Star Trek

one of the many Captain Kirk's

Borgs and a stormtrooper

some trekkies and a tribble!

the ghost buster car

and the ghost buster dude!

2 of my favorites- vulcan Star Trek girls

a green chick

adorable mini trekkie

Mike being attacked by a stormtrooper and protected by 2 jedi's

and to prove we were not in costume:


I have pictures of the celebs that attended (Leonard Nimoy!!!) and I'll post them later this week!
4 comments:
Great pics! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
You are looking great too.
you guys sooooo need costumes, don'tcha think??? ;)
So fun!! These are my fav pics I've seen in awhile! Embracing the inner geek is awesome. Eric teases me that Losties are soon gonna be like Trekkies. He may be right. haha! He was like "Id go to the convention with you." That's love. LOL! :) And I'm very sorry to hear about Mike's grandmother. :(
*waves to Expendable guy*
Nice to see the pictures! I was searching to see what people had caught on film becuase I didn't get any good ones myself.
Post a Comment