Friday, November 13, 2009

spelt flour? weird name but sooo good.

finally found a recipe for AMAZING vegan pancakes. I'm not kidding, best pancakes ever! They're quickly becoming our weekend tradition...


I had to snatch the picture before Mike ate them all! haha

Here is the super easy and super yummy recipe- all my substitutions are listed.

1 1/2 cups Organic Spelt Flour (we get ours from War Eagle Mill- a local mill, and they do deliver!)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs. honey (we use organic brown rice syrup, but non-veggies can use honey)
1 tbs. vegetable oil (we use coconut oil or olive oil because I never seem to have vegetable oil in the house)
1 1/4 cup soy milk (you could use regular milk too)

These cook fabulously- quick, easy and so good! We put a little bit of Earth Balance vegan butter and some maple syrup on top.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

And geez, those Larabars are delicious snacks. I can only find them at the health food store, but it is worth the trip. I've tried Peanut Butter and Jelly, Peanut Butter Cookie, Chocolate and Chocolate and Coconut. I cannot wait until Lucia is old enough to have nuts because they are quickly becoming a staple in our house.

Happy weekend, Friend!

Angela said...

Yes, Larabars are insanely good! Our Walmart carries them with the other energy bars. I think it's the only vegan product WM carries. :-)