If he was just being sent to Japan for two years I could handle it, but he's not. He'll be sent to Afghanistan at some point in the near future. And I have no idea how I'll handle that. My Dad has been deployed to Iraq twice- and while it was difficult, the circumstances were completely different. Dad was on a huge base- and he rarely, if ever, left the base. I worried most about him flying in and out of the area. Now this is not to say that there wasn't any danger- of course there was. But nothing like what Connor is going to face.
How do people handle it? How do you continue to live day in and day out knowing that your loved one is in danger? I don't know. People do it everyday. I guess you just don't have a choice so you deal with it...
I don't know how specific I'll get on here about Connor's job- most of you know what he'll be doing and how freaked out I am. I appreciate your thoughts (and your prayers!) as Connor starts out on this journey. Please keep my family in your thoughts on Friday. It's going to be a tough day. I know we're not the only ones going through this, but it doesn't make it any easier.
4 comments:
I wish I had something to say that would make you feel better... but I've got nothing. I hate war so, so much. Maybe someday the world will figure out that civilized people don't need to use physical force to defend themselves. I've got my fingers crossed, anyway.
I wish I had something to say that would help you cope; something that would make this easier. I don't think there is anything I could say that you don't know already. I am here for you through this, until the day he comes home! <3
I'm so sorry, Ang. There really are no words. You knoq you have my complete support and shoulder to cry on while he's gone.
connor is a great guy and his safety will definitely be in our thoughts. good luck to you, too, in this difficult time.
Post a Comment